Wednesday, July 8, 2009

She's So Beautiful

I wanted to post about my Mom. She is so beautiful. Even in her not so beautiful state, she is amazing. And I think she's the most beautiful woman I've ever known. I posted about her today on my other blog. Read here and let me know what you think.


I Am Humbled and Honored
I wasn't expecting to blog about this tonight. I was hoping to blog about Philippians 4:6-7. I've turned over my worries to prayers and truly God has replaced my fears with peace. I can't explain it, but I have the peace which surpasses all understanding. And I wanted to share that with my readers tonight. Even though, I still have peace, my evening went much different than I expected.

I am here at the hospital with my Mom tonight. It's my turn to spend the night with her. Me and my sister are staying every other night. My Mom's journey has not gone how I would have wanted it to go, but we have found bright spots along the way. My Mom has had 5 surgeries in the past 3 weeks. There have been set backs. But I've managed to remain calm. I trust God. I put the situation in His Hands.

Tonight I was challenged. My Mom was sore and chaffed. I washed her full body. As I washed, she cried. She said, "No daughter should ever have to do this." However, I was honored to wash my mother. As I wiped the warm cloth over her body, I felt the love of Jesus saying, "I made this woman and I want her to feel clean. Thank you for washing her." It was my pleasure to wash her.

A little while later, an odor took over the room. Mom's colostomy bag had burst. Her linens and gown were soiled. She was embarrassed. I called for the nurse. 2 nurses came. They tended to Mom with care and allowed her to keep her dignity. I was so appreciative of that. They cleaned her up, changed her gown and sheets, and told her that everything was ok. They took their time in changing her bag, cleaning her up, and making her feel human and normal.

Yes, I have a peace that surpasses understanding, but I have to be honest. I hate what my Mom is going through. I hate it. I have never gone through anything like this in my life. I don't like that staying in the hospital almost feels normal. I don't like that I miss my family and our suburban lifestyle. I don't like that my Mom doesn't know what tomorrow will bring.

But God.

But God.

But God picked me.
He picked me to have the honor to wash my Mom.
He picked me to be humbled enough to clean her up.
He picked me to have the calm and strength to be there for her.
He picked me to have the priviledge to give back a little of what she's given to me over the years. And I am honored and humbled.

God is enough. I couldn't do what I'm doing, feel how I'm feeling, or get through what I am going through without Him. I have peace. And that is only from God.

Many Blessings and Much Love,

Melissa

****Mom has another surgery on Thursday, July 9th. Thank you for your prayers.

4 comments:

Chelle Majeski said...

"and who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?" Esther 4:14

You are royalty by the blood of Jesus, and as His beautiful princess you have been chosen to for just this time. And, from the sounds of it, He is SO proud of you! It is a wonderful way to honor your mother and to be Jesus for her right now.

I came across your blog this morning from an email someone sent to me of your latest article for Proverbs 31 ministries. It was sent to me because I am going through the worst time in my life, brought on mostly by my own sins. Thank you for the article and the reminder that I will not be defined by them in Gods' eyes. I appreciate your heart in the words.

I will keep you and your mother in my prayers today!

In His Grace,
Chelle

Chef Diane said...

Amen!
Praying
Diane

Carol said...

You know, this is going to speak to all of us who read it, in one way or another, probably in a time we don't expect. Thanking God for being "humbled enough" to take care of your mom.... That is some strong truth. Thank you, thank you.

Carol

Social Media Expert said...

Very Helpful Article. This Is Really Useful And Nice Information.


Health Care Product